We have searched the entire globe to discover the highest quality raw materials available. Our choice of ingredients is based on new discoveries and breakthroughs in plant compounds, herbals and marine flora and fauna. We believe in safe, pure, potent and bioavailable ingredients.
derived from Lithothamnion Sp. Algae
Aquamin is a unique natural, multi-mineral complex, which is derived from the cytoskeleton of the red algae Lithothamnion calcareum. Manufacturer of Aquamin, Marigot Limited, holds an exclusive license to harvest this particular species of red algae off the Northwest coast of Iceland.
Over the course of the aquatic plant’s life, minerals are accumulated from the seawater and stored as carbonate salts in the plant’s cell walls. It contains bio-active calcium, magnesium, plus 72 trace minerals. Other than washing and milling, Aquamin is unaltered from the raw material and as such offers a range of minerals from a single, natural source. The product is very bioavailable, meaning a dog’s body absorbs the nutrients in it easily. The minerals work in synergy and enhance a dog’s overall health benefits.
Key Benefits of Aquamin
- Preserves bone structure and strength
- Helps to inhibit bone mineral density loss and facilitates bone mineralization
- Stimulates anti-inflammatory activity
- Helps to minimize pain and stiffness from osteoarthritis
- Calms inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract
- Minimizes polyp formation
Chamomile is one of the most ancient medicinal herbs. It is a member of the Asteraceae family. The dried flowers of chamomile contain high levels of terpenoids and flavonoids, both are potent antioxidants, crucial for defending cells from damage caused by free radicals. One of the safest and most versatile herbal pet remedies around, chamomile has a broad range of scientifically proven uses.
Key Benefits of Chamomile Flower
- Calms the gastrointestinal tract alleviating symptoms of indigestion, vomiting, gas, and bloating
- Helps to treat stress and anxiety
- Reduces inflammation
Chondroitin is a substance that occurs naturally in animal tissue, especially connective tissues. It retains water and promotes elasticity in the cartilage, helping to ensure adequate shock absorption and nourishment of the tissues that line the joint. Gristle on animal bones is high in chondroitin. However, these sources are much lower than the doses provided in chondroitin supplements.
Chondroitin is one of the most sought after joint-supporting ingredients available on the market today.
Key Benefits of Chondroitin
- Helps to rebuild cartilage naturally
- Retains water in dry, worn-down tissue adding lubrication and flexibility to your dog’s joints
- Promotes healthy development and maintenance for the cartilage and tissue that align along the joints
- Helps to increase mobility in arthritic limbs
Fish oils, especially from cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, anchovies or sardines, are the primary sources of omega-3. Our fish oil is sourced from wild-caught cold-water fish of the South Pacific.
Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA ), an essential “good” type of fat that helps your dog’s body and brain. Like humans, dogs can’t produce omega-3 fatty acids on their own and therefore, it is important to enrich their diet with fatty acids high in bioavailable EPA and DHA. These fatty acids are key to minimizing inflammation throughout the body. They help to prevent or improve a variety of inflammation-related conditions, including arthritis, type 2 diabetes and heart disease. The fish oil helps dogs across the span of their lifetimes: DHA aids in the proper brain and eye development of puppies and may also improve cognitive function in older dogs dealing with canine cognitive dysfunction.
Key Benefits of Fish Oil
- Supports heart health
- Promotes healthy coat and reduces shedding
- Reduces itchy and flaky skin
- Helps to alleviate allergies
- Soothes joint pain
- Strengthens immune system
The root of the ginger plant has been used as a medicine in Asia and the Middle East for thousands of years. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for much of its medicinal properties. Ginger’s function as a digestive aid for stomach upset and nausea is the best-known benefit but it’s not the only one. It also has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Key Benefits of Ginger Root
- Relieves nausea, vomiting and upset stomachs in dogs, especially during travel
- Helps to prevent bloat in dogs due to its ability to stimulate stomach motility and accelerate stomach emptying
- Promotes blood circulation and improves heart disease risk factors
Glucosamine is a combination name made up of glutamine (an amino acid) and glucose (a sugar). The dog’s body naturally produces its own glucosamine, a substance that helps create molecules that form the cartilage in the joints. As the dog ages, the body produces less glucosamine, so joints can stiffen up and lose their shock-absorbing cartilage. Providing supplements of glucosamine can help rebuild cartilage and restore your dog’s joint function and maintain mobility.
Our Glucosamine comes from shellfish.
Key Benefits of Glucosamine
- Has natural anti-inflammatory properties, helping to soothe stiff and painful joints
- Improves lubrication in a dog’s joints
- Improves mobility and range of motion naturally
- Slows the aging process in your dog’s joints
- Effectively fights arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, disc degeneration, and hip dysplasia in dogs
- Preventative treatment for many joint conditions
While glucosamine is considered a boost for cartilage by itself, combining it with other naturally occurring Glycosaminoglycans, including chondroitin and MSM, may lead to an even more beneficial effect on your dog’s joints.
Green Lipped Mussel
Green Lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus) is native to and harvested in New Zealand only. It is one of the largest mussel species with the largest specimens as long as 9 inches! Green Lipped Mussel looks just like it sounds: it has a bright green stripe around its shell and a distinctive green lip on the inside of the shell.
Stabilized, freeze-dried Green Lipped Mussel provides a rich source of all major classes of glycosaminoglycans, compounds responsible for the natural anti-inflammatory and joint-lubricating properties. In addition, Green Lipped Mussel is naturally rich in omega-3 fatty acids, including EPA and DHA, an essential “good” type of fat that helps a dog’s body and brain. It is also rich in natural proteins, glucosamine, chondroitin, zinc, and magnesium, which are beneficial for joint health.
Key Benefits of Green Lipped Mussel
- Provides structural integrity support for joints, ligaments, and tendons and all-natural arthritis support
- Eases joint pain and inflammation
- Helps to improve damage from injuries and connective tissues repair
- Nutraceutical grade Green Lipped Mussel is linked to a wide range of health benefits including joint, heart, eyes, skin, bone, and brain health
herbal extract from Boswellia Serrata
Boswellia Serrata grows in mountainous forests of India. Since ancient times, resin made from Boswellia Serrata extract has been used in Ayurvedic medicine, Traditional Chinese medicine, and African folk medicine for its antiseptic, antiarthritic, and anti-inflammatory effects. Long before medications like NSAIDs existed, Indian Frankincense derived from the Boswellia tree were used to treat a wide variety of conditions.
Indian Frankincense has over 400 independent clinical studies supporting its use. It has long been recognized for its fast-acting support to the natural systems that control inflammation.
Key Benefits of Indian Frankincense
- Helps to reduce joint pain and discomfort
- Promotes joint flexion and mobility
- Helps to preserve the structural integrity of joint cartilage
- Enhances cognitive functioning and mood
- Helps to regulate the digestive system
- Provides antioxidant health benefits
- Empowers positive well-being
- Great for long term use because of the lack of major side effects
L-Tryptophan is a natural amino acid found in many proteins, which is involved in the production of the hormone serotonin. Studies show that dogs with the tryptophan deficiency are more likely to show depression, moodiness, and aggression. Hence, providing your pet with a calming product with L-Tryptophan could help maintain your pet’s serotonin level restoring mood and increasing calm behavior. Since L-Tryptophan is a natural amino acid, it can improve your dog’s behavior without the risk of organ damage.
Key Benefits of L- Tryptophan
- Promotes better sleep quality
- Relieves from depression or anxiety
- Restores mood
- Promotes calm behavior
- Increases emotional well-being
Manganese is a trace mineral, required for the normal functioning of the brain, nervous system, and many other body’s enzyme systems. Manganese is essential for bone health, including bone development and maintenance. When combined with calcium, zinc, and copper, manganese supports bone mineral density. This is particularly important in older dogs.
Key Benefits of Manganese
- Helps to reduce osteoarthritis pain when combined with Glucosamine and Chondroitin
- Helps to regulate blood sugar levels
- Increases blood flow and improves heart disease risk factors
- Plays a vital role in the metabolism of nutrients
- Helps the dog’s body utilize a number of vitamins, such as choline, thiamine, and vitamins C and E and ensures proper liver function
- May help with brain function by protecting it from damage caused by free radicals and by improving cognitive function
- Is essential for proper thyroid health
Methylsulfonylmethane, also known as MSM, is an organic form of sulfur. Biologically active sulfur is very important for the optimal functioning of each cell, tissue and organ in the body. MSM is a safe and effective agent that cleanses the bloodstream and flushes toxins from the cells. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and pain reliever. MSM has been widely used for the treatment of arthritis in dogs.
Key Benefits of MSM
- A natural analgesic, blocks the transfer of pain impulses through the nerves
- Promotes flexibility, healthy cartilage, and elasticity of body tissue
- Enhances absorption of vitamins A, B, C, D and E, amino acids, selenium, calcium, magnesium and many others nutrients
- Alleviates allergies through detoxification and elimination of free radicals
- Helps to build nerve tissue, hair, skin, and nails
Passion Flower (Passiflora) is a climbing vine with vibrant purple flowers that is native to Central and South America, Mexico, and the West Indies. The leaves and flowers of many species of passiflora have been used for centuries by native Americans as a calming sedative and pain reliever. Certain species of Passiflora have proven medicinal benefits. For example, Passiflora incarnata may help in treating anxiety, insomnia, and seizures in dogs.
Key Benefits of Passion Flower
- Promotes an overall calming effect in dogs
- Helps with separation anxiety
- Maintains healthy relaxation
- Stimulates your dog’s mood improvement
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) is a flowering plant, the root of which has been used as herbal remedy to alleviate insomnia, stress, and anxiety since the time of ancient Greece and Rome. Due to its known sedative properties, valerian root is often recommended as a herbal treatment for canine anxiety.
Key Benefits of Valerian Root
- Helps with hyperactivity, restlessness, and insomnia due to its mild sedative effects
- Eases separation anxiety
- Helps during certain anxiety-provoking situations such as visits to the vet, car rides, or when exposing your dog to large groups of people
- Helps to manage noise phobias (thunderstorms, fireworks)
Vitamin C is one of the most popular vitamins used for its antioxidant abilities and immune support in humans. Unlike humans, dogs can produce vitamin C in their bodies but when they are sick or stressed, they can rapidly deplete their bodies’ output of vitamin C. Physical stress comes in many forms: growth, hard work, exercise, vaccinations, injuries, or illness. Emotional stress can also impact a dog’s reserve of vitamin C. As they get older, dogs become less proficient at producing their own supply of vitamin C, and more in need of antioxidants. Giving Vitamin C helps maintain healthy collagen levels in older dogs.
Our Vitamin C is in Calcium Ascorbate form which is highly absorbed and gentle on the digestive system, suitable even for young, sensitive stomachs.
Key Benefits of Vitamin C
- Promotes a strong immune system
- Protects the body from free radicals formed through the metabolism
- Helps with collagen formation essential to healthy joint growth
- Acts as an antihistamine that helps fight inflammation and other allergic reaction